Design Tips« Back to Ideas Collection
More Design Tips
- • Get That 3D Look Without Breaking Your Budget
- • Boost Your Marketing Prowess with Perfect Postcard Design
- • 5 Ideas to Spark Those Creative Juices
- • 5 Ways to Toot Your Own Horn
- • A Metaphorical Idea
- • 5 Must-Haves in Every Layout
- • Trim the Fat: What Your Logo Doesn't Need
- • Timeboxing: An Outline for More Efficient Design
- • Paragraph Indicators - Make A Dent in Your Universe
- • Designing for Color-Blind Viewers
- • Add Sparkle With the Symbolism Tool
- • Grab Them Right Out of the Gate
- • Depicting Time and Motion with Design
- • When Color Matters
- • Design That's Easy as A-B-C
- • Eye-Teasing Design
- • Variation on a Theme
- • Room to Breathe
- • Low-Cost Clip Art and Images
- • Typographical Terms
- • Breakthrough Brochures
- • The Risk of Over Designing
- • Successful Newsletters How-To
- • Do-It-Yourself Letterhead
- • Creative in Black and White
- • Poster Design Tips
5 Ways to Toot Your Own Horn
With the rise of email and digital marketing, you might be under the impression that print promotions are "dead," but nothing could be further from the truth. Reach your interested customers who are staggering under the weight of spam emails and poorly-targeted digital advertising with an impactful and beautifully designed print promotion.
Rules of the Road
Whether you're looking for a quick response to a particular promotion or your goal is to build interest over time with advertising, these key design rules will ensure that your message has the desired impact for your next project.
✔Repetition, Repetition, Repetition Sending out just one mailing piece will not provide you with the results that you would like. Instead, design a series of staggered, targeted promotions.
✔Make an Impact There's no need for subtlety in advertising. Insert a clear call to action, or next step, for your customers within the design.
Types of Promotions
No matter the promotion type, execution is critical. Poorly-presented type or design could ruin an otherwise clever idea -- taking it from eye-popping to eye-rolling in a moment. Below are five common promotion design types depending on your goal:
Is your business the best at what it does? Say so! Create a booklet that details your specific offerings or a simple postcard that drives people to a web-based landing page or to give you a call.
Brag promotions are the ideal way of letting your audience know that you've done something impressive. Win an award recently or get recognized within your community? Create a brag promotion as part of a larger project and include messaging about how the award will benefit your customers.
Want to let your clients know how many options you have available at their fingertips? Capabilities promotions are a great way to explain the breadth or depth of services that you offer.
Let your customers know you have a special event coming up soon. Host an open house, a business gala, or a community fundraiser, and use a creatively designed and printed invitation to spread the word.
There is never a bad time to say "Thanks" or celebrate a special occasion. Send a printed and well-designed note to your customers for corporate anniversaries, holidays, or after a large order.
Ready to design and create print promotions and advertising that makes people take action? Give us a call, and we'll help you craft the perfect promotional piece that will get you noticed!